Raleigh bike models
. Used thule bike
rack. Giant hardtail mountain bike
Raleigh Bike Models
- (Raleigh Bikes) The Raleigh Bicycle Company is a bicycle manufacturer originally based in Nottingham, UK. It is one of the oldest bicycle companies in the world. From 1929 to 1935 Raleigh also produced motorcycles and three-wheel cars, leading to the formation of the Reliant Company.
- (model) plan or create according to a model or models
- (model) exemplary: worthy of imitation; "exemplary behavior"; "model citizens"
- Fashion or shape (a three-dimensional figure or object) in a malleable material such as clay or wax
- Use (esp. a system or procedure) as an example to follow or imitate
- (in drawing or painting) Represent so as to appear three-dimensional
- (model) a hypothetical description of a complex entity or process; "the computer program was based on a model of the circulatory and respiratory systems"
RALEIGH Gran Sport, c.1975
All original White with Lagoon Blue enamel and gold headlug lining. Original Raleigh and Carlton transfers. Reynolds 531 butted main tubes and fork blades. Chrome on fork and stay ends is flawless.
Wheels are Normandy Sport hubs with Simplex skewers and Weinmann clincher 27" rims. Tires are modern Kenda 27" x 1.25" whitewalls. GB stem and Randonneur handlebar and the bar tape is old Hunt-Wilde vinyl. Dia-Compe #204 brake levers with white hoods have replaced the original Weinmann levers with white Carlton hoods. Brake calipers are Weinmann Vainqueur 999 model 750 center-pull. Stronglight model 93 crankset and bottom bracket with Lyotard 460 pedals. Simplex Prestige rear derailleur and Simplex chromed steel downtube shifters, but the original Simplex front derailleur is now a Huret 700. Seatpost is a Campagnolo two-bolt and the saddle simply marked San Marco is padded white suede on a plastic shell and with chrome rails - probably from the 1980s. Frame pump is an old Silca and the bottle cage and bottle are modern and inexpensive.
This was a middle tier bike
, the lowest among the Raleighs to offer Reynolds tubing. With high brake bridge clearance this was intended to use both the clincher tires and even mudguards - which I will add soon. It was intended as a comfortable riding high quality
recreational Sport Touring bike - not a "racer", and could be compared to a lower range "International". Really a great riding bike thanks to the long wheelbase. And, I think the color combination is one of the nicest Raleigh or any one has ever come up with.
Wall and floor mounted POS kiosks1996
Raleigh bikes print and multimedia creative from the late 1990s.
I preferred the wall mounted prototype for the CDi-based Raleigh Interactive point-of-sale system, but it was the mobile floor standing model that proved most popular and was eventually made available to UK retailers. Both models
here at Raleigh's annual product launch in Harrogate in 1996.
See also: lowrider bikes shops cheap road bikes for women 24 inch bike wheel dirt bike motorcycles for sale tandem cruiser bikes schwinn bike rim trek bike buy pocket bike racing games wooden bikes
- 03:21 |